By Anne Whyte
Cell, fax, e mail, net; telemedicine, distance schooling, information distribution, telecommuting are a number of the companies provided by way of the group telecentre. yet do they really reply to the verbal exchange and knowledge wishes of the groups they're meant to serve? What effect have they got on social fairness and fiscal improvement? As neighborhood telecenters turn into extra normal throughout Africa and in different constructing areas of the area, those questions tackle an expanding urgency.This guidebook will support researchers as they determine and assessment the position and effect of neighborhood telecenters. It offers an creation to a few of the foremost study concerns, a framework for telecenter overview, and an impetus for study groups to proportion principles, tools, and methods.'Assessing group Telecentres' will curiosity researchers, practitioners and lecturers in info technology, communications, overseas improvement and evaluate.
Read Online or Download Assessing Community Telecentres PDF
Similar public affairs books
Of all govt actions, public procurement is so much prone to corruption. In OECD international locations, bribery through foreign agencies is extra pervasive in public procurement than in utilities, taxation, or judiciary. Most international efforts to struggle corruption have concentrated solely at the bidding procedure.
This publication examines the foremost difficulties and clients of the continued strategy of eu integration by means of concentrating on the position of the ecu and nationwide parliaments and their individuals. utilizing surveys between individuals of parliament on the ecu point and in 11 member states, it deals a "view from inside of" and new perception and solutions to institutional difficulties within the eu Union and the so-called democratic deficit.
Over the past zone century, governments all over the world have introduced bold efforts to reform how they deal with their courses. electorate have demanded smaller, more affordable, better governments. they've got additionally requested for extra courses and higher prone. to unravel this paradox, governments have experimented with ratings of principles to be extra effective, increase functionality, and decrease expenditures.
Financial reasoning has to this point ruled the sector of public coverage research. This new creation to the sector posits that coverage research must have either a broader interdisciplinary base - together with standards from such fields as political technology, sociology, legislation, and philosophy, in addition to economics - and in addition a broader viewers on the way to foster democratic debate.
- Memos to the Governor, Second Edition, Updated: Memos to the Governor: An Introduction to State Budgeting
- Managing Emerging Risk: The Capstone of Preparedness
- Philosophical Grammar
- Implementing Innovation: Fostering Enduring Change in Environmental and Natural Resource Governance (Public Management and Change)
- The Delphic Oracle on Europe: Is there a Future for the European Union?
Extra info for Assessing Community Telecentres
3. 4. 5. Identify long-term and immediate project objectives Identify outputs to be achieved within the life of the project Identify project activities and processes leading to outputs Identify inputs Identify which inputs and outputs to measure and which activities to monitor, using what methods and indicators External factors 1. Identify external factors to take into account 2. Weight external factors for importance and probability 3. Assign measures and indicators for external factors Performance indicators 1.
In the poorest of these areas, this figure may be as high as 3% because of the lack of alternative communication services for people unwilling to make a long journey. ITU uses a figure of 5% of household income to estimate capacity to pay for telecommunication services (Ermberg 1998). In reality, these figures are rarely realized, for two main reasons: they assume that a telecentre is accessible to everyone when they need it, meaning that it is well located, is open, and is functional; and they take no account of collect calls or of incoming calls at the telecentre.
You can measure the contribution of human resources to successful telecentre operation, using both indicators of user satisfaction and objective measures such as hours of operation, location of INDICATORS IN TELECENTRE STUDIES 31 Table 7. Indicators of demand for telecentre services. ) Likely impact of telecentre on existing service suppliers Expressed need Percentage of population expressing a need for specified telecentre services Willingness to pay for services per use as a percentage of per capita income Percentage willing to become involved in telecentre start-up or operations Expressed demand for each specific telecentre service Applications Specific applications needed (by gender, age, group)?
- A Road Unforeseen: Women Fight the Islamic State by Meredith Tax
- The civil service system and economic development: the by Hyung-Ki Kim