By Christopher J. Headleand, William J. Teahan, Llyr Ap Cenydd
This booklet constitutes the refereed court cases of the 1st foreign Symposium on synthetic existence and clever brokers, ALIA 2014, held in Bangor, united kingdom, in November 2014. the ten revised complete papers have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from 20 submissions. The papers are equipped in topical sections on studying and evolution; human interplay; robot simulation.
Read or Download Artificial Life and Intelligent Agents: First International Symposium, ALIA 2014, Bangor, UK, November 5-6, 2014. Revised Selected Papers PDF
Similar international_1 books
Eutrophication within the transitional marine coastal waters has elevated dramatically in lots of components of the area, and this evolution has shifted realization to the anthropogenic issue. the matter has develop into the subject matter of many meetings and workshops, in addition to being given precedence in foreign corporations.
ADVANCES IN electronic FORENSICS IIEdited through: Martin S. Olivier and Sujeet ShenoiDigital forensics offers with the purchase, protection, exam, research and presentation of digital facts. Networked computing, instant communications and conveyable digital units have elevated the function of electronic forensics past conventional desktop crime investigations.
- Virtual Realities: International Dagstuhl Seminar, Dagstuhl Castle, Germany, June 9-14, 2013, Revised Selected Papers (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- Computational Logistics: 5th International Conference, ICCL 2014, Valparaíso, Chile, September 24-26, 2014, Proceedings (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- Proceedings of the 11th International Congress for Applied Mineralogy (ICAM) (Springer Geochemistry/Mineralogy)
- Nonlinear Maps and their Applications: Selected Contributions from the NOMA 2013 International Workshop (Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics)
- Judicial Application of International Law in Southeast Europe
- ISCORD 2013 : planning for sustainable cold regions : proceedings of the 10th International Symposium on Cold Regions Development, June 2-5, 2013, Anchorage, Alaska
Extra info for Artificial Life and Intelligent Agents: First International Symposium, ALIA 2014, Bangor, UK, November 5-6, 2014. Revised Selected Papers
The feature vector is normalized to sum to 1, to give a probability distribution of Uniform Local Binary Patterns, with 1 representing maximum distribution of patterns and 0 for no pattern; which forms the input vector of the neural network along with the eﬀerent copies of the movement and categorization output units Experiment Three. We performed a third experiment in-order to do a comparative analysis of the results with the results from our proposed method in Experiment Two. In this experiment, we adopted the gray-scale averaging method in  for the processing of the periphery region of the images taken from the Humanoid robot camera.
In the rest of the scenes it displayed periods of both stable and oscillatory activations of the colour output nodes. 2 Testing Round 2 Four individuals, two each from the two best six-scene and twelve-scene runs, were then chosen to be subject to a further round of testing. The aim of this round was to investigate the robustness and generality of their road-following strategies by observing their behaviour in environments they had not encountered during the evolutionary phase. The twelve scenes were recreated with textures having average contrast of 90 and deviations from mean of around 40 (on a scale of 0–255).
Simulated Road Following Using Neuroevolution 27 The results of the twelve-scene experiments (Fig. 4) were not as uniform, with solutions showing greater variability in their colour perception strategies, depending on the seed and colour distribution set they were evolved in. The majority of solutions (like S5 and S6) only evolved the ability to dynamically vary two of their three colour outputs and simply did not use the third. This meant that two out of the six mono-colour scenes (basic and reversed) could not be solved.
- Housing for Special Groups. Proceedings of an International by United Nations Economic Commission for Europe Committee on
- The Monetary Theory of Production by Augusto Graziani